Posted to users@royale.apache.org by "Koch (US), Warren R" <wa...@boeing.com> on 2020/09/18 12:51:15 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

I'm using Moonshine for my IDE.

I saw the example and I do need to dig into it.  I was hoping for something that was directed more for someone used to flex builder and a simple Royale HTML datagrid for a coldfusion source on SecureAMF.  Last time I had to do this many years ago it was a challenge to get everything to work in our environment and I was hoping to jump start.  The Jan 1 deadline is killing me.  I will work one up myself.  Thanks for all the hint's on what to put where.  That's exactly the kind of things I was looking for.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

it's ok to use App.mxml or the other one. I use to switch in pom.xml for
maven between both. Maybe we could fork the example into two if needed.
For as you did is ok for now.
thanks!

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

Posted by Olivier Dion <ol...@ticketmaster.com>.
Sure, I am talking about a massive code base update her.. isi it possible that some folks could code|| FUCK I code

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oliver,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
If he should in his stack trace is indication of main class being non mx.
What's more if that's the case the only thing which should be done is add
config "flex" for compiler and we are done. This is now part of Moonshine
ide file which I have committed.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 4:07 PM Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
>
> he should me using the one in mxroyale.
> In general we always point to using mx emulation since it is the one that
> is really fully working.
>
> El vie., 25 sept. 2020 a las 15:16, Piotr Zarzycki (<
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>) escribió:
>
>> I did update file for Moonshine IDE [1] - It's building for me without
>> the problem.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/develop/examples/royale/RemoteObjectAMFTest
>>
>> pt., 25 wrz 2020 o 15:01 Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>
>> napisał(a):
>>
>>> Carlos,
>>>
>>> He is using this example [1] or this one [2] ?
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/develop/examples/royale/RemoteObjectAMFTest
>>> [2]

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,
I don't have constance of the App.mxml he's using, sorry.

El vie., 25 sept. 2020 a las 10:34, Piotr Zarzycki (<

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to set up a remote object (JS)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Warren

you're welcome :)

I don't have Moonshine experience but Piotr could tell you how to just add
MXRoyale to your config without the need to change configname

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Warren

you don't need change to to configname flex you can just add MXRoyale SWC

for example in asconfig.json or VSCode:

"library-path": [
"${royalelib}/js/libs/MXRoyaleJS.swc"
],
"js-library-path": [
"${royalelib}/js/libs/MXRoyaleJS.swc"
],

I think just need the second, but try first both.

in Maven will be something like:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
<artifactId>MXRoyale</artifactId>
<version>${royale.framework.version}</version>
<type>swc</type>
<scope>provided</scope>
<classifier>js</classifier>
</dependency>

I plan to create a jewel config that will add that, but maybe as we
separate MXRPC from MXRoyale some day

Posted by wkoch <wa...@boeing.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Warren

You're using the wrong version of RemoteObject. I said in my first response
"Also ensure you use MXRoyale version of RemoteObject" ;)
so you need to add MXRoyale.swc and use <mx:RemoteObject/> as you did in
flex

also remember the next I told you:

"Add this to additional compiler options to avoid MXRoyale mix of CSS
styles:

-compiler.exclude-defaults-css-files=MXRoyale-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT-js.swc:defaults.css;"

SimpleRemoteObject or net:RemoteObject versions are the start of Royale
versions without any Flex dependencies. But we need to stop that versions
since it implied many work and all people was in a hurry to get its
backends working.

The only problem is MX RPC emulation is mixed with the rest of emulation.
At some point we will separating MXRPC from MXRoyale so Jewel and other UI
Sets can use it without the CSS hack

HTH

Carlos