Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mc...@e-card.bg> on 2010/06/28 16:42:04 UTC

Upgrade wicketstuff-push to Cometd2

Hi,

Last weekend I felt a bit bored and I decided to take a look at one of
the cool wicketstuff projects that I had on my list for quite some time
- wicketstuff-core/push-parent. Few minutes later I decided to upgrade
it to Cometd version 2.0.0.RC1 because this is how I understand how the
things work - by debugging them.

And the outcome is: http://github.com/martin-g/wicket-cometd2
It is almost the same as the original code:
- upgrade Maven dependencies
- upgrade it to the new API (just the Java part for now)
- code formatting

Next steps are:
- upgrade Dojo to its latest stable (+ dojox.cometd)
- add implementation with jquery.cometd
- upgrade Wicket to 1.5-SNAPSHOT

At the end I will probably merge it back to wicketstuff-core if the
other developers/maintainers are OK with that.
Until then don't hesitate to fork it or comment here or in github.

Cheers
martin-g