Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/20 02:49:01 UTC

NG roadmap & non-NG issues

Hi,

How do various issues not related to NG and alpha 1 & 2 get handled now that there is a plan for alpha 1 & 2 (sorry if I didn't pay attention to developer level discussions around this, I'm just a user ;))?

Concretely, this one is of particular interest to us at Sematext, and there is a simple patch attached:

> Flume requires restart after HBase goes down
>
>                Key: FLUME-685

Thanks,
Otis
----

Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase

Re: NG roadmap & non-NG issues

Posted by Mingjie Lai <mj...@gmail.com>.
Jon.

As a current user, right now I have more interests in a bug fixing 0.9.5
release instead of NG. NG is definitely promising but we need time to
evaluate.

And yeah, I think it's time to work out a plan for 0.9.5 (current
trunk). We can start from collecting important bugs, and put them to
0.9.5 jira queue.

Thanks,
Mingjie

Re: NG roadmap & non-NG issues