Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sergey Vidyuk <sv...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/01 14:24:30 UTC

Fwd: Tomcat Dependency Graph

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sergey Vidyuk <sv...@gmail.com>
Date: Dec 1, 2007 4:02 PM
Subject: Tomcat Dependency Graph
To: dev@tomcat.apache.org

Hi Tomcat Developers!
I'm contributor in the Apache Software Foundation's GHOP Contest and
working on issue
19(http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=19)
I've plan to write scripts that generate tomcat dependency for jars
and classes and submit it to you.
Can you explain how you would like to see it and who can help me with
details about that task?

With regards,Sergey

Re: Tomcat Dependency Graph

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 2, 2007 10:04 AM, Sergey Vidyuk <sv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've generated some graphs and dot files but graphviz can't generate
> graph for classes deps.

Take a look at UMLGraph... http://www.umlgraph.org/

It can generate GraphViz diagram specifications, which you can then
process into images.

Here's an example of the kind of thing it can do:
  http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/latest/apidocs/org/apache/maven/archiva/model/AbstractArtifactKey.html

--
Wendy

Re: Tomcat Dependency Graph

Posted by Sergey Vidyuk <sv...@gmail.com>.
I've generated some graphs and dot files but graphviz can't generate
graph for classes deps.
I'll try to resolve this and submit some code.

Sergey

Re: Tomcat Dependency Graph

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Sergey,

Re: Fwd: Tomcat Dependency Graph

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Sergey Vidyuk wrote:

> Hi Tomcat Developers!
> I'm contributor in the Apache Software Foundation's GHOP Contest and
> working on issue
> 19(http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=19)

Excellent!

> I've plan to write scripts that generate tomcat dependency for jars
> and classes and submit it to you.
> Can you explain how you would like to see it and who can help me with
> details about that task?

Like Yoav said, tool you choose is irrelevant.
However, it would be good to be reproduceable.
Also, finding things like multiple classes inside
different jars (if any) and jar manifest
(particularly versions) tracking would be cool to have.

Regards,
Mladen