Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ravi Roy <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/25 14:06:04 UTC

Failonerror attribute of Delete and Javac task

Hi All,

My product build scripts are spanned across serveral build scripts. At
times, while deleting the temp folder, I use the following :

<target name="clean.temp">
      <delete failonerror="false" includeemptydirs="true">
      	 <fileset dir="${build.temp}">
        	     <include name="**/*" />
      	 </fileset>
      </delete>
      <delete dir="${build.temp}" />
 </target>

Please note above in the target that I am using failonerror="false", which I
use because if somehow ${build.temp} does not exist, it should not come up
with error message that build failed as a result folder ${build.temp} does
not exist.

Does this "failonerror" have any side effect on javac tasks' failonerror
attribute ? Which means that at first "failonerror" is set to "false" while
deleting the ${build.temp} and when compilation happens I set "failonerror"
to "true" intentionally because if there is compilation problems then it
should not continue build and it Ant should fail doing the build.

I would appreciate any pointers.

Regards,
Ravi