Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by meghana <me...@amultek.com> on 2011/11/23 13:58:04 UTC

need a way so that solr return result for misspelled terms

Hi,

I have configured spellchecker component in my solr. it works with custom
request handler (however its not working with standard request handler , but
this is not concern at now) . but its returning suggestions for the matching
spells, instead of it we want that we can directly get result for relative
spells of misspelled search term.

Can we do this.
Any help much appreciated.
Meghana

Re: need a way so that solr return result for misspelled terms

Posted by meghana <me...@amultek.com>.
We are using solr query parser... just need some schema and / or solrconfig
configuration to do the misspell search and find results.

Re: need a way so that solr return result for misspelled terms

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> Hi Erik ,
> I am sorry , i did not get you exactly. do you tries to say
> that tilde (~)
> works for single term only.
> Say for ex. i have sentence like "i like solr speed for
> searching." and i
> try to search with slor~ , then it will not work bcoz it
> "inside of phrases"
> ? or i misunderstood you. plz clarify.

Please refer to documentation:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html

Re: need a way so that solr return result for misspelled terms

Posted by meghana <me...@amultek.com>.
Hi Erik ,
I am sorry , i did not get you exactly. do you tries to say that tilde (~)
works for single term only.
Say for ex. i have sentence like "i like solr speed for searching." and i
try to search with slor~ , then it will not work bcoz it "inside of phrases"
? or i misunderstood you. plz clarify.

Erik Hatcher-4 wrote

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by meghana <me...@amultek.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by meghana <me...@amultek.com>.
Hi Erik,

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Meghana -

Posted by meghana <me...@amultek.com>.
this seems to be good. if it is possible , i want to make it from solr
features / configuration changes. but can go for it, if it is not possible
or not much compatible.

Thanks.
iorixxx wrote

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.