Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ashutosh Mohanty <as...@syncad.com> on 2006/08/10 10:29:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtualhost Problem

Hi Owen Boyle/Everybody,

Thanks to Boyle for his help regarding my previous problem in apache, now I am facing another problem with accessing virtual host in apache here is my description of virtual hosting.

Os: Linux 7.2(2.4.34)

Httpd-2.0.53

Php-5.0.3

I have two Virtual host setting one is for our internal development site (http://laxmi.in.mydomain.com) and another is for our backup strategies maintenance site (http://backup.in.mydomain.com).

The problem I am facing is, out of these two setting, one is working and another one is point the same thing instead of pointing to two separate Directories. Which ever out of these virtual hosts setting comes first in httpd.conf is working and another is pointing the same,

For example according to following setting,

Whenever I access http://laxmi.in.mydomain.com in web browser its show me our internal development site, but http://backup.in.mydomain.com also showing our internal development sites instead of showing backup information.

Could you please help me in this regard,

Advance Thanks:

Ashutosh Mohanty

SynaptiCAD Inc.

<VirtualHost *>

    ServerAdmin ashutosh@mydomain.com

    DocumentRoot /home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/html

    ServerName laxmi.in.mydomain.com

    ServerAlias laxmi.in

    ErrorLog /home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/logs/error_log

    CustomLog /home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/logs/access_log common

    ErrorDocument 404 "/cgi-bin/404_handler.pl"

    <Directory "/home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/html">

        DirectoryIndex index.htm

        RedirectMatch (.*)\.html$ $1.htm

        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

        AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny

        Allow from all

        <IfModule mod_dav.c>

            DAV On

            DAVDepthInfinity on

            <LimitExcept GET HEAD POST OPTIONS>

                AuthUserFile /home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/htpasswd

                AuthName mydomain-www

                AuthType Basic

                require user mydomain

            </LimitExcept>

        </IfModule>

    </Directory>

    <IfModule mod_mime.c>

        # Pass all .html documents through PHP 4

        AddType text/html .html .htm

        AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm .php

    </IfModule>

    <IfModule mod_alias.c>

        #

        # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.

        # ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that

        # documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and

        # run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the client.

        # The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as to

        # Alias.

        #

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/"

        <Directory "/home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/cgi-bin">

            AllowOverride None

            Options None

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

        </Directory>

        Alias /cgi-src/ "/home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/"

        <Location /cgi-src/>

            <IfModule mod_dav.c>

                DAV On

                DAVDepthInfinity on

                AuthUserFile /home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/htpasswd

                AuthName mydomain-www

                AuthType Basic

                require user mydomain

            </IfModule>

        </Location>

        Alias /download/ "/home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/download-info/"

        <Directory "/home/ashutosh/www/www-devel.mydomain.com/download-info/">

            AllowOverride None

            Options None

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

            Action pl-script /cgi-bin/download.pl

            AddHandler pl-script .html

        </Directory>

    </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>

    ServerAdmin ashutosh@mydomain.com

    DocumentRoot /home/ashutosh/www/backup.in.mydomain.com/html

    ServerName backup.in.mydomain.com

    ServerAlias backup.in

    ErrorLog /home/ashutosh/www/backup.in.mydomain.com/logs/error_log

    CustomLog /home/ashutosh/www/backup.in.mydomain.com/logs/access_log common

    <Directory "/home/ashutosh/www/backup.in.mydomain.com/html">

        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

        AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny

        Allow from 192.168 127.0.0.1

    </Directory>

    <IfModule mod_mime.c>

            AddType text/html .html .htm

            AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm .php4 .php

    </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>