Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Er...@Classwell.com on 2002/06/17 19:47:10 UTC

SAX loses space before & ??

Is there some reason, when using the Xerces2 SAX parser, text in the XML
that looks like "This & that" should come out as "This& that" instead
of "This & that"? (space before the & lost).

I'm getting the text from the ContentHandler method

void characters(char[] ch,  int start, int length)

Is this expected behavior? Is this, by some perversity of the spec,
considered "correct" behavior?

Thanks,

Eric

Re: SAX loses space before & ??

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Eric_Schwarzenbach@Classwell.com wrote:
> Is there some reason, when using the Xerces2 SAX parser, text in the XML
> that looks like "This &amp; that" should come out as "This& that" instead
> of "This & that"? (space before the & lost).

Can't reproduce your problem in either 2.0.0, 2.0.1,
or the latest from CVS. Can you attach a minimal test
case and provide more information about your run-time
environment?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org