Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Karthi SsiSamsung <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/09 22:08:32 UTC

Leader became -1 and no ISR for all topics/patitions

Hi,

I am facing similar issue where couple of my partitions have a Leader as -1
and No ISR. I tried to use kafka-reassign-partitions.sh and
kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh tool and this did not help as the ISR
was empty. Other users who faced this issue suggesting broker restart.

Does any one has other solutions of gracefully handling this instead of
restarting the brokers?

Re: Leader became -1 and no ISR for all topics/patitions

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@apache.org>.
We had seen issue earlier in our production. We had some findings after
debugging

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-users/201603.mbox/%3CCAC2sYS16_yb-=FaL4mGtV7jKEWdLBVKXvdiZj_R8RuOAFEZqnA@mail.gmail.com%3E

--

------
Thanks,

Re: Leader became -1 and no ISR for all topics/patitions

Posted by Kevin A <k4...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

--
Gwen Shapira