Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sean Kelley <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/03 03:46:05 UTC

Subversion layout for embedded development

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for how best to layout
a subversion repository for embedded development.  In my case I have
of course the silicon vendors BSP that I am referencing but not
entirely using.  Are there any good examples on how to lay things out?

For example, one might layout the bsp drops that you receive
underneath something like vendorsrc:

       /vendorsrc
          /Intel
             /mhl_bsp
                  /trunk
                  /branches
                  /tags

But your actual project tree may have many elements

 1) Your modified BSP
 2) Your rootstrap
 3) Your applications
 etc.

I am familiar with the notion of an svn:external.  I am just curious
how other may have organized their embedded project in Subversion.

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Subversion layout for embedded development

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 3, 2006, at 05:46, Sean Kelley wrote:

> I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for how best to layout
> a subversion repository for embedded development.  In my case I have
> of course the silicon vendors BSP that I am referencing but not
> entirely using.  Are there any good examples on how to lay things out?

[snip]

There was another thread on this recently. Have you read it yet?
Perhaps there are some good ideas there.

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-04/0888.shtml