Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Deffenbaugh <jd...@techtarget.com> on 2007/10/04 17:07:58 UTC

s:select onchange and validation

Hello,

I have two s:select drop downs on my page, lets call them x and y.  When
I change the value of x I populate y using the onchange attribute
calling a javascript function.  If the user then tries to submit the
form with errors my validation kicks in and refreshes the page showing
the field errors etc. but I lose the data I populated in y via my
javascript function.  Is there a way to save the state of y in this
scenario without struts repopulating the s:select with what is in its
list attribute?

Hope that makes sense.

-Jason

Re: s:select onchange and validation

Posted by Jason Deffenbaugh <jd...@techtarget.com>.
I just used a hidden field to save the index.  Easier way?

-Jason