Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/15 04:07:44 UTC

TOMEE-37 Directory based deployer

Issue up for grabs https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-37

The idea is an implementation of org.apache.openejb.assembler.Deployer that uses the webapps/ directory.

It's been mentioned a couple times in the past, but the deployer the TCK setup uses goes through OpenEJB first and Tomcat second.  This is the same as using the deploy command from the command line.  The way people deploy apps is by dropping them in the webapps directory and in this scenario Tomcat sees the app first and we do our part after Tomcat has seen it.

It would really be great if we can get a deployer setup that uses this drop-in approach so we can start running the TCK using that approach and see if there are any issues.

Maybe a org.apache.tomee.TomEEDeployer or something somewhere in assembly/tomee/

-David