Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 02:27:57 UTC

Clustering inadvertently invoked from Eclipse plugin

Hi, when I deploy a web project from the Geronimo Eclipse plugin via JMX it
appears that the clustering code is getting invoked even though I do not
explicitly include the <tomcat-clustering-wadi /> tag in my Geronimo deployment
plan (which is what I thought was required for clustering). As a result, the web
project gets deployed into the cluster-repository (with the G_SLAVE suffix), the
master-repository (also with the G_SLAVE suffix), and the repository
subdirectories, resulting in the DeploymentException below. The same project
deploys fine from the command line (with nothing getting deployed into the
cluster/master repositories). Does anyone have any idea why this might be
happening and if there is something I can do to prevent this behavior. Or do I
need to disable the clustering mechanism somehow ?? Thanks for any assistance....

Deployer operation failed: Module default/test3/1.0/car already exists in the
server.  Try to undeploy it first or use the redeploy command.
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Module default/test3/1.0/car
already exists in the server.  Try to undeploy it first or use the redeploy command.

Tim McConnell

Re: Clustering inadvertently invoked from Eclipse plugin

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gianny, yes that does help. Thanks very much !!

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hello Tim,