Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edmund Liang <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/21 21:02:26 UTC

Question about how to configure and run Tomcat

Hello Tomcat Professionals: I need your help.  I am new to Tomcat.  I just download your Tomcat4.1.24 software. I have install j2sdk1.4.1 on my c drive.  I follow the Running.txt file, I don't know how to set up a environment variable for CATALINA_HOME in Windows 98 2nd edition. Here is the two line that I added to the AutoExec.bat file in my c drive: SET JAVA_HOME = C:\j2sdk1.4.1SET CATALINA_HOME=C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24 when I open a DOS prompt, and perform these: C:\>cd jakart~1.24C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24>cd binC:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\bin>startup
The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\bin>
Tomcat Professional, please help me to setup Tomcat. My intent is to run one JSP example page that listed on your website: http://wwfcanon.panda.org/examples/jsp/index.html Please instruct me step by step on how to setup Tomcat and be able to run one sample JSP.  I am new to Tomcat and new to JSP. Provided me a sample AutoExec.bat file would be helpful. I will be extremely happy if I can run one of your sample JSP using Tomcat. Thank you very much. Edmund