Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com> on 2005/06/03 02:31:17 UTC

WebappLoader and Auto-Detection of Class Changes

I extended WebappLoader.java to create a custom classloader to allow me
to append an alternate set of class folders.  The loader works as
intended but I noted that it doesn't detect any changes to these
resources and call Context.reload() as is the case with WEB-INF/classes,
lib, and any <WatchedResource> entries.  What am I missing.  Looking at
WebappLoader.java and I fail to notice the mechanism which provides said
functionality.

Many thanks.

Scott Dudley

Re: WebappLoader and Auto-Detection of Class Changes

Posted by Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com>.
A gentleman responded on the dev list suggesting I have a look at the
modified() method.  My reply was as follows:

    /Bill,

    I added an over-ridden modified() method to my classloader that also
    checks for changes to my added classes folders.  I see that
    WebappLoader.java checks only jars.

    Works like a charm.

    Thanks./

Scott Dudley wrote:

> I extended WebappLoader.java to create a custom classloader to allow
> me to append an alternate set of class folders.  The loader works as
> intended but I noted that it doesn't detect any changes to these
> resources and call Context.reload() as is the case with
> WEB-INF/classes, lib, and any <WatchedResource> entries.  What am I
> missing.  Looking at WebappLoader.java and I fail to notice the
> mechanism which provides said functionality.

> Many thanks.

Scott Dudley