Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Ondrej Zizka <oz...@redhat.com> on 2016/02/24 17:05:25 UTC

wicket-cdi (still) using Seam Conversation?

Hi all,

I am looking at Wicket 7.x and it's compatibility with JBoss EAP 7, or
Java EE 7 containers in general.

I see that there's wicket-cdi 6.0 so I assume the 7.x version is yet to
come.

However, even that one still depends on seam-conversation. Seam is no
longer supported on JBoss EAP 6.3+ or WildFly 9+.
It still works but it will stop working with the next major.

 From what I can see in the code, the reason to have it there is to
support the conversation scope, and it is not actually needed for
dependency injection to work - is that correct?
In that case, is it possible to split it to two modules, one for
dependency injection, and then wicket-cdi-seam-conversation which would
add the support for conv. scope?

Thanks,
Ondra

Re: wicket-cdi (still) using Seam Conversation?

Posted by "Ing. Ondřej Žižka" <zi...@seznam.cz>.
Hi Martin,

thanks for the quick reply!  It works like a charm, here's the outcome:

https://developer.jboss.org/people/ozizka/blog/2016/02/24/wicket-going-back-to-jboss-eap-quickstarts

Thanks again :)
Ondra

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.