Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by "ptr.bojko@gmail.com" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/11 13:15:55 UTC

state of jdbc implementation

Hey folks,

Reading the site I've the note that pushing as much of query
computation to the database under the jdbc is planned. I have not found
anything more at the code level or the site.

Did someone try to make this happen? I would like to know whether some
stoppers occurred or simply this was not an critical thing to implement?

Thanks,
Pete

Re: state of jdbc implementation

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
The idea was to start with a simple JDBC adapter, but that people could write rules to push more. And this is happening. Here are some cases:

DML https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1527 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1527>
OVER https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1506 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1506>
Theta-joins https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-631 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-631>
EXTRACT https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1987 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1987>
Sequences https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1940 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1940> (in progress)
LIMIT / OFFSET / FETCH https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1010 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1010>

And there are many others.

Sorry our documentation is not kept up to date. If you want to know the state of the JDBC adapter, read JdbcAdapterTest and RelToSqlConverterTest.

Julian