Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Tony Obermeit <to...@compuserve.com> on 2003/02/11 22:21:42 UTC

RE: creating pl/sql package in sql task, only part of package lo aded

Robert,

Your PLSQL task resolved my issues.

I was able to create a pl/sql package using your task in three separate
ways that the sql task failed on.  The package body is about 750 lines,
just over 20kb of code.  I created it from a file using the transaction
task.  I created it with the code in line within the plsql task and I
created it with wrapped pl/sql code in line within the plsql task.
(wrapping is an oracle mechanism that allows you to distribute your pl/sql
code without revealing the source code).

Many thanks for your contribution!  I'll certainly be voting for it to be
an enhancement request.  I hope others do as well, without this
enhancement, the limitations of the sql task in an Oracle environment are
significant.

cheers

Tony

Posted by Tony Obermeit <to...@compuserve.com>.
I am still having problems creating wrapped pl/sql code using the plsql
task (PLSQLLoad).  What I posted yesterday was posted with the intent of
summarizing the resolution to this issue for benefit of any searching the
archives in the future.  Yesterday I was able to create a wrapped pl/sql
body.  Today, when I updated the build script to contain a wrapped header
and wrapped body, both the header and body did not create
successfully.  The details in user_errors was an internal oracle error,
can't remember the exact error number.  Unless someone comes up with a
quick answer, I'm going to stop trying to create wrapped pl/sql.  I just
didn't want to leave the impression on the mail list that the wrapped
pl/sql part of this issue had been resolved.  It isn't critical for me to
have my code wrapped, it just would have been nice.

Tony