Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 22:59:22 UTC

Making renderer APIs public, step 2

I've checked in the first big part of getting ready for public rendering
APIs.
The goal is to move APIs out of trinidad-impl and into trinidad-api, but
a number of the desired APIs pulled in a lot of code that really shouldn't
be made public.  So, a bunch of refactoring was called for, introducing
some pure abstract base classes with reduced functionality, or sometimes
just eliminating dependencies altogether.

My planned next step is to move the following APIs over, with
proposed package names (all under org.apache.myfaces.trinidad,
of course)

 * render.RenderingContext
 * render.PartialPageContext
 * render.LocaleContext
 * render.FormData
 * skin.Skin
 * skin.Icon

Option 2 I can think of is to use context.RenderingContext instead
of render.RenderingContext (and likewise for all the first four).

After that, the only classes I'm itching to make public are CoreRenderer
and RenderUtils, both of which would go into o.a.m.t.render.  After
that, I can think of a bunch of candidates, like some of the output
utility functions in core.xhtml, maybe RenderKitDecorator, etc.,
but we can take those on more slowly.

Comments?

-- Adam

Re: Making renderer APIs public, step 2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
go ahead, sounds good!

logged it to Jira
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-198

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Making renderer APIs public, step 2

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
If you check out the FormData class that was made public, it has a much
smaller API.  Much of the stuff that should be kept private has been moved
down to a CoreFormData subclass.  Same approach for PartialPageContext.

-- Adam

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
hard to say.