Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/28 16:01:55 UTC

synchronize committers/devs/policies between code and web repos?

	During the grooming meeting the point came up and was discussed briefly, about
the desire to synch up both areas, especially given the move to gitbox where github
will contain the code of record for the project very soon.

	I am looking to our mentors for advice on this one. 8)

	There are a number of stable/mature projects that operate this way, including within
Apache, so there is plenty of precedent to synchronize both the website and the dev
areas.

	What would this entail?  It would include the following, but might not be limited to:

	0) Officially recognize https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca-website <https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca-website>
		as the master of the AriaTosca website.  At present, there are Jenkins jobs triggered from commits
		to this that regenerate/post the website when changes are made, so some integration with Apache infra
		has already happened.   However, as far as I know, there is no official mirroring like we currently have
		with https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca-website <https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca-website> for the code base.

	1) As part of 0, synchronize committers between the two.  As far as I can tell, the committers of the
		website are a subset of those on the main project, so there shouldn’t be much if anything
		that needs to be done here except add

	If I have missed anything, please chime in!

	Cheers,

	—Tom

Re: synchronize committers/devs/policies between code and web repos?

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@apache.org>.
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I just wanted to update folks on this
thread.

We've transitioned the repos (https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca
and https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca-website)
with gitbox and as part of that it was clear that both repos are managed by
the same group of committers/etc... so that answered
the question referenced below.

--Tom