Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sarfaraj <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 12:45:57 UTC

Camel SSH Issue - Password in plain text.

I used Camel SSH component in my application, but the password is in plain
text.

I wanted to know, how can we avoid plain text password in a best way?

I think camel-jasypt will use to hide sensitive information. I would like to
know the best way to avoid plain text password in camel application.

Any examples/links ?

/Sarfaraj

Re: Camel SSH Issue - Password in plain text.

Posted by sarfaraj <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I will try this

Re: Camel SSH Issue - Password in plain text.

Posted by londonukm <gr...@outlook.com>.
Hi

so instead of this Java DSL version:

                SshComponent sshComponent = new SshComponent();
                sshComponent.setHost("localhost");
                sshComponent.setPort(port);
                sshComponent.setUsername("smx");
                sshComponent.setKeyPairProvider(new FileKeyPairProvider(new
String[]{"src/test/resources/hostkey.pem"}));
                sshComponent.setKeyType(KeyPairProvider.SSH_RSA);

                getContext().addComponent("ssh-rsa", sshComponent);

                from("direct:ssh-rsa")
                        .to("ssh-rsa:test")
                        .to("mock:rsa");

you would need to do something like this Spring DSL version, by setting the
KeyPairProvider value you are telling the SSH component to use the key.pem
file instead of a password. I have tried to re-use the camel example code
where I can:

<beans xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

	<camelContext id="camel-example-ssh">

<route id="camel-example-ssh-consumer">
			<from
uri="ssh://karaf@localhost:8101?useFixedDelay=true&keyType=ssh-rsa&keyPairProvider=src/test/resources/hostkey.pem&delay=5000&pollCommand=features:list%0A"/>
			<to uri="log:ExampleRouter?showAll=true"/>
		</route>

		<route id="camel-example-ssh-producer">
			<from uri="direct:exampleSshProducer"/>
				<setBody>
					<constant>features:list</constant>
				</setBody>
uri="ssh://karaf:@localhost:8101?keyType=ssh-rsa&keyPairProvider=src/test/resources/hostkey.pem"/>
			<to uri="log:ExampleRouter?showAll=true"/>
		</route>
	</camelContext>
</beans>

thanks

Graham

Re: Camel SSH Issue - Password in plain text.

Posted by sarfaraj <sa...@gmail.com>.
how can above code translate/convert in camel context (XML format)

I used ssh within camel context

like  *<to
uri="ssh://{{server.userName}}:{{server.password}}@{{server.host}}:22" />*

Posted by londonukm <gr...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Instead of using the password option which i think does use the password in
plain text can you not use the KeyPairProvider option with something a
little like this:

                SshComponent sshComponent = new SshComponent();
                sshComponent.setHost("localhost");
                sshComponent.setPort(port);
                sshComponent.setUsername("smx");
                sshComponent.setKeyPairProvider(new FileKeyPairProvider(new
String[]{"src/test/resources/hostkey.pem"}));
                sshComponent.setKeyType(KeyPairProvider.SSH_RSA);

                getContext().addComponent("ssh-rsa", sshComponent);

                from("direct:ssh-rsa")
                        .to("ssh-rsa:test")
                        .to("mock:rsa");

Thanks

Graham

Re: Camel SSH Issue - Password in plain text.

Posted by sarfaraj <sa...@gmail.com>.
one more point my password is in config file which is reside at
${karaf.home}/etc