Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2017/03/13 21:24:35 UTC

Impala JIRA migration to https://issues.apache.org/jira is complete

*If you read or write Impala JIRAs, this message is for you.*

Impala's JIRA is now at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA/.
Links like https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3224 should now
redirect to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-3224.

Permissions on the Apache JIRA are much more strict. We have tried to make
them almost as permissive for the IMPALA project as they were on the IMPALA
project on issues.cloudera.org. If you need permissions you don't have,
please email dev@impala.apache.org.

Other than that, we don't know of any major issues at this point, however
we have found and fixed some unexpected problems so far, and others may
exist. If you find something that is impeding your work, please file a
subtask of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-5064.

We tried to translate usernames as accurately as possible. In many cases
this worked just fine. In some cases this was not possible, and you will
see the issues that you participated on as $OLDUSERNAME now list you as
$OLDUSERNAME_impala_1de3, with some random-looking hex digits after your
name. You can claim that username by resetting your password:

1. Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa
2. Forgot Password, enter the username that looks like
$OLDUSERNAME_impala_1ead
3. Wait for email
4. Reset password

If you have problems with that process, please follow
https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact and contact Apache infrastructure.
The Impala community does not administer the JIRA server.

Re: Impala JIRA migration to https://issues.apache.org/jira is complete

Posted by Joseph McDonnell <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks, it is fixed for me now.

-Joe

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Joseph McDonnell <jo...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
You can check infra status at http://status.apache.org/. http://infra.chat
is useful if you want to watch what the infra folks are talking about among
themselves.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Dimitris Tsirogiannis <

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for the update Dimitris. I'm noticing the slowness too sometimes and
I just retry the operations to get them working. I think we need to get
used to that :D.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Dimitris Tsirogiannis <

Posted by Dimitris Tsirogiannis <dt...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Dimitris Tsirogiannis <dt...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Dimitris Tsirogiannis <dt...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
I did this bulk change and re-assigned all of  Zach's issues to his correct
id.

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Zachary Amsden <za...@cloudera.com>.
As one of those affected, what should I do?  I already created a new
account as zamsden, but all of my issues are assigned to
zamsden_impala_ad21.  Should I reassign and transfer things over or am I
forever doomed to be zamsden_impala_ad21?

Thanks,

 - Zach

Posted by Michael Brown <mi...@cloudera.com>.
I expect such redirection to be a little difficult to configure. But it
seems like the same (or similar) JQL should work on issues.apache.org For
example:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=type%20%3D%20bug%20and%20project%20%3D%20IMPALA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20fixed%20AND%20affectedVersion%20!%3D%20%22Impala%202.8.0%22%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Impala%202.8.0%22%20and%20not%20labels%20%3D%20broken-build%20order%20by%20priority%20desc

Posted by John Russell <jr...@cloudera.com>.
Just confirming: if I have a JIRA report URL, for example

https://issues.cloudera.org/issues/?jql=type%20%3D%20bug%20and%20project%20%3D%20IMPALA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20fixed%20AND%20affectedVersion%20!%3D%20%22Impala%202.8.0%22%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Impala%202.8.0%22%20and%20not%20labels%20%3D%20broken-build%20order%20by%20priority%20desc