Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/04/15 06:14:32 UTC

[DRAFT] Graduation resolution proposal for Dubbo

Hi All,

Below is a draft for the graduation resolution[1] for Dubbo generated
by whimsey with some tweak, any feedback is welcome!

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#preparing_a_charter

===
Establish the Apache Dubbo Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to a high-performance, lightweight, java based RPC framework.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Dubbo Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Dubbo Project be and hereby is responsible for
the creation and maintenance of software related to a high-performance,
lightweight, java based RPC framework; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Dubbo" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Dubbo
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Dubbo Project;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Dubbo Project:

 * Huxing Zhang   <hu...@apache.org>
 * Ian Luo        <il...@apache.org>
 * Jun Liu        <li...@apache.org>
 * Justin Mclean  <jm...@apache.org>
 * Kimm King      <ki...@apache.org>
 * Liang Zhang    <zh...@apache.org>
 * Liujie Qin     <li...@apache.org>
 * Mercy Ma       <me...@apache.org>
 * Minxuan Zhuang <mi...@apache.org>
 * Shang Zonghai  <yi...@apache.org>
 * Von Gosling    <vo...@apache.org>
 * Xin Wang       <wa...@apache.org>
 * Yong Zhu       <je...@apache.org>
 * Yuhang Xiu     <ca...@apache.org>
 * YunKun Huang   <hy...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Ian Luo be appointed to the
office of Vice President, Apache Dubbo, to serve in accordance with and
subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Dubbo PMC be and hereby is tasked with
the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development
and increased participation in the Apache Dubbo Project; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Dubbo Project be and hereby is tasked with the
migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Dubbo podling; and
be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Dubbo podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [DRAFT] Graduation resolution proposal for Dubbo

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 15, 2019, at 7:28 PM, Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Justin,
>
>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:32 PM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Dubbo PMC be and hereby is tasked with
>>> the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development
>>> and increased participation in the Apache Dubbo Project; and be it
>>> further
>>
>> You can remove this clause as there is no need for it, podlings no longer make their own bylaw unless they really want to.
>
> Thanks, I think it can be removed.
> As a suggestion, can this be configured when drafting graduation
> resolution on whimsey or at least could be documented? I didn't know
> about it until you mentioned, neither can I find it in the
> documentation.

There is already a WHIMSY JIRA to remove the clause. I plan to submit a PR tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,