Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com> on 2009/04/19 20:03:54 UTC

Re: Can JRuby 1.1.2 be used with BSF?

Just an FYI on the BSF 2.0 beta3 release, its taking a while to work out
how to get the website updated but the artifacts are now released and
available in the maven repository and distribution area if anyone needs to
start using them before the release announcement is made when the website
is updated.

   ...ant

Keithgchapman <ke...@gmail.com>
19/03/2009 15:59
Please respond to
"Bean Scripting Framework users" <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>

bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Can JRuby 1.1.2 be used with BSF?

Hi Ant,

Any progress on this? Would it be possible to do a BSF release?

Thanks,
Keith.

Anthony Elder wrote:

> There's been no discussion on the next release. If you need one with
that
> fix i guess we could do one, though i'm off on vacation today so I
> wouldn't be able to help with that till after March 15th.
>
>    ...ant
>

> Keithgchapman <ke...@gmail.com>
> 04/03/2009 09:58
> Please respond to
> "Bean Scripting Framework users" <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>

> bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Can JRuby 1.1.2 be used with BSF?
>

> Hi Ant,
>
> Yes I feared so. Is there any timeline as to when this would happen?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith.
>

> Anthony Elder wrote:
>>
>> Looks like no, the JRuby engine used by BSF 3.0-beta2 doesn't work with

>> JRuby 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 as there have been some non-compatible changes. We

>> need to upgrade BSF to the latest engine which works with JRuby 1.1.3
> and
>> the earlier JRuby releases.
>>
>>    ...ant
>>

>> Keithgchapman <ke...@gmail.com>
>> 04/03/2009 05:48
>> Please respond to
>> "Bean Scripting Framework users" <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>

>> bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> Can JRuby 1.1.2 be used with BSF?
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using JRuby 1.0.1 with BSF 3.0-beta2 and it works fine. Due to
this

>> bug
>> reported on JRuby [1] I want to upgrade my JRuby version. I tried this
> but
>> it failed with the following exception. Are there any plans to upgrade
> the
>> supported JRuby version?

org.jruby.Ruby.parse(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/jruby/runtime/DynamicScope;I)Lorg/jruby/ast/Node;
>>         at

com.sun.script.jruby.JRubyScriptEngine.compileScript(JRubyScriptEngine.java:197)

Posted by Keithgchapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ant, I downloaded the release and tried it out and it seems like the
issue is now resolved. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Keith.