Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Pedro Abelleira Seco <pe...@usc.es> on 2005/06/23 14:55:25 UTC

DatePicker and TabPanel

Hi list,

I found the DatePicker component to be quite ugly and not convenient to
use. First, it forces the user to click the button to close the popup.
Second, it doesn't make easy typing a date (although this is logical as
the format is configurable). I think this makes the component not very
usable. As I'm using Tapestry to develop a big internal app I've decided
to use a custom date picker component. Is there any reason I don't get
to behave like that or is only a (questionable) design choice?

I also mised a TabPanel component. I don't understand why the framework
doesn't include it by default. I have developed one (not really a lot of
work). The usage is as follows:

    First tab...
    Second tab...
          First tab...
          Second tab...

If I have the time I would like to add a parameter to switch the tab
activation to be processed in the client (using javascript) or in the
server (as my implementation does now).

Do you think these components could be useful?

Regards
Pedro

Re: DatePicker and TabPanel

Posted by Robert Zeigler <rd...@u.arizona.edu>.
You can certainly create your own date picker; it's a design choice.
The components certainly could be useful.

Robert