Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ad...@cyberspaceroad.com on 2002/06/14 10:50:59 UTC

select dropdown with a nested name-attribute doesnt work in any browser - sends wrong value in request

Neither Mozilla nor IE are handling my HTML produced from nested tags.
They ignore any selection I make in a select dropdown when I submit. The
incoming parameters at the server show that the original value is always
sent.

My HTML:

<select name="operationList[0].locationIdString">
<option value="0" selected="selected">-- please select --</option>
<option value="1">Strange Location</option>
<option value="2">Up a tree</option>
<option value="3">Kebabhouse</option>
</select>

In my debug logging, I see all the other parameters with correct values,
but I get operation[0].locationIdString=0 no matter what I select.

Is anybody successfully using nested dropdowns / select boxes? Why does
this affect both browsers? Am I going mad?

Adam

Re: select dropdown with a nested name-attribute doesnt work in any browser - sends wrong value in request

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
How many rows do you generally iterate? More than one I presume on
average? I mean, is it possible that you've only ever tried it with just
one row and never with more than one row?

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

help needed - default selection in dynamic select boxes.

Posted by Yaman Kumar <ya...@nous.soft.net>.
Hi,
I am using struts v1.0.2 and heard this does not support generation of
dynamic html controls through struts tags(????).

I have a collection of ComboBoxBeans with name-value pair in a Vector to
show
html options  and would like to use it with 2nd collection .
I have a problem in rendering default selection in select boxes that are
rendered by 2nd collection.
( In mvc lt looks like this ).

<%for(int k=0;(vectStudents!=null && k<vectStudents.size());k++){
   Student student = (student)vectStudents.elementAt(k);
   String type = student.getType();
%>

<select name="studentType" >

<% LinkedList studentTypes = myBean.getAllTypes();
   String strSelected = "";
   for(int I=0;i<studentTypes.size();i++){
       ComboBoxBean objCombBean = (ComboBoxBean)studentTypes.get(i);
       String code = objCombBean.getCode();
       String description = objCombBean.getDescription();
       strSelected = description.trim().equals(type .trim())?"selected":"";
%>
     <option <%= strSelected %> value="<%= code %>"> <%= description %>
</option>

<%	 }%>
</select>
<%}%>

Can I get the above code in struts implemented ? is it possible with 1.0.2?"
Is there any nested tag information available .
TIA
rayaku