Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> on 2009/02/04 13:31:25 UTC

[Poll] What are you using Sling/Jackrabbit for?

Hello JCR community,

job offers related to Jackrabbit or Sling on the mailing list [1],
some mentioned an interest in knowing what Sling and/or Jackrabbit are
used for, and I think this is a good idea! That should give a level
playing field for everyone and relieve the discussion a bit...

[1] http://markmail.org/message/nv2375hdfbijks3g

So, let's have some small "poll" - if you'd like, you can present your
cool JCR-based software in this thread. Interesting facts would be:

- Name of the Tool/Library/Product + Website
- Use case
- Cool features
- System environment (eg. those nasty enterprise integrations ;-))
- What features gained most (or where simple to do) because of JCR
and/or Sling's built-in functionality?
- Interesting technical challegens
- etc.

I can't wait for your answers!

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: [Poll] What are you using Sling/Jackrabbit for?

Posted by Paco Avila <mo...@gmail.com>.
We have developed a web-based Document Management System called OpenKM
(http://www.openkm.com). It runs on JBoss and uses GWT for the user
interface. The GUI is quite intuitive and responsive. There is a
Community version which can be downloaded and used freely. In the
Enterprise version we have integrated a workflow engine (jBPM).

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> wrote:
> Hello JCR community,

> job offers related to Jackrabbit or Sling on the mailing list [1],
> some mentioned an interest in knowing what Sling and/or Jackrabbit are
> used for, and I think this is a good idea! That should give a level
> playing field for everyone and relieve the discussion a bit...
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/nv2375hdfbijks3g
>
> So, let's have some small "poll" - if you'd like, you can present your
> cool JCR-based software in this thread. Interesting facts would be:
>
> - Name of the Tool/Library/Product + Website
> - Use case
> - Cool features
> - System environment (eg. those nasty enterprise integrations ;-))
> - What features gained most (or where simple to do) because of JCR
> and/or Sling's built-in functionality?
> - Interesting technical challegens
> - etc.
>
> I can't wait for your answers!