Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Jayesh Patel <jp...@keywcorp.com> on 2016/12/02 22:52:41 UTC

copying Accumulo tables to another cluster

I'm hoping to copy the data from my Accumulo cluster to a new cluster using
the Hadoop distcp command and run Accumulo on the new cluster using the same
data.

Is this feasible?

First time I tried this, I copied the whole /accumulo hdfs folder and the
zookeeper in the new cluster kept complaining about not finding the nodes
for various processes trying to get their locks.

Should I instead just copy the tables and wal folders?

Thank you,
Jayesh

Re: copying Accumulo tables to another cluster

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
It will not work to copy the raw HDFS directory.

Please use the importtable and exporttable Accumulo shell commands.

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/examples/export