Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com> on 2012/08/17 07:55:18 UTC

Performance test on Internal web Application (LAN)

Dear All,

I have an issue with doing performance testing on web application in
LAN, my issue as follows,

1.	How to logging to internal LAN through jmeter? To access a URL
(which is deployed in app server and published in proxy server (SAME
LAN))
2.	When I tried to access the same web site from firefox it prompts
for username and password, when I provide those I can see the 1st page
of the web site. But through jmeter it doesn't.
		It says running and running  but never stops and I have
forcefully shutdown to run the script again.
3.	Our LAN is bit secured network, I have tried with HTTP
authorization manager but didn't work.

Note: Im using jmeter latest version which I have downloaded recently,

	Can anyone help me pls. Love to hear from someone who can help
me out.

	Thanks
	Chi

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
KPMG is neither liable for the proper,
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.

Re: Performance test on Internal web Application (LAN)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 August 2012 08:13, Samaraweera, Ravinda
<ra...@kpmg.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your effort flavio,
>
> It didn't work for me, then I tired using HTTP Authorization manager putting it just after thread group; I config all reuired parameters properly in Http AM, now it works, I really appreciate your effort in this regard,
>
> I have another clarification with regard to parameters in ultimate thread group ;

Please start a new thread with new subject for a new question.

RE: Performance test on Internal web Application (LAN)

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
Thanks for your effort flavio,

It didn't work for me, then I tired using HTTP Authorization manager putting it just after thread group; I config all reuired parameters properly in Http AM, now it works, I really appreciate your effort in this regard,

I have another clarification with regard to parameters in ultimate thread group ;

Lets say I have set start thread count=5(5 users) , init delay=0, start up time=30sec, hold load for 60sec, sht down time=10sec , we assume if all went well total time taken for this test is 1min and 30 to 40 secs, (hope I have calculated right)

Basically I have 7 http requests in the test plan such as request login page, login with credentials, then search, etc;

My question is if there any delay in responding time of each of these requests (i.e. page load time), what is the impact on those timing I have set? I mean impact total time taken and each of those parameters?  Pls help me.

CHI.

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
Yes this is a third party plug-in. :-(

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.