Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ted Jones <Tj...@metamatrix.com> on 2007/05/08 18:17:33 UTC

[Axis2] WS-RM and Axis2 Asynch Client not Returning

I am using Sandesha2 with an asynch Axis2 client. Using the example that
comes with Sandesha2 (the asynch echo client), the onComplete() method
of my callback is never hit. It appears the response is not returning.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ted

Re: [Axis2] WS-RM and Axis2 Asynch Client not Returning

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Yes  it is wrong , please create a JIRA

Thanks
Deepal

Martin Gainty wrote:

> yes That worked ..thanks for the suggestion Deepal
>
> I thini I've found a bug with messageReceiver spec in the
> \src\modules\samples\userguide\example\META-INF\services.xml
> messageReceiver for WsaMappingTest service
> <serviceGroup>
>    <service name="WsaMappingTest">
>        <description>
>            Sample to via WSA Mapping
>        </description>
>        <parameter name="ServiceClass"
> locked="false">userguide.example3.MyService</parameter>
>        <operation name="echo">
>            <!-- messageReceiver
> class="org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver"/ -->
>         <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver"/>
>         <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
>            <actionMapping>urn:sample/echo</actionMapping>
>        </operation>
>    </service>
> </serviceGroup>
>
> Is this in JIRA???
> Thanks/
> Martin--
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Deepal Jayasinghe"
> <de...@opensource.lk>

Deepal

Re: [Axis2] WS-RM and Axis2 Asynch Client not Returning

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Martin,

You need to change your axis2.xml to fix this issue. For that please add
following element into axis2.xml/PhaseOrder

<phase name="RMPhase"/>

Thanks
Deepal

> Good Afternoon Ted
>
> Downloading the sandesha2 distro from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/org.apache.sandesha2/mars/
>
> While attempting to engage the sandesha2 module globally i see this
>
> Invalid phases please recheck axis2.xml RMPhase for the handler
> SandeshaInHandler
>
> where the module.xml for sandesha defined the InHandler as
>       <handler name="SandeshaInHandler"
> class="org.apache.sandesha2.handlers.SandeshaInHandler">
>             <order phase="RMPhase"/>
>         </handler>
>
> (Hope you dont mind Blue)
>
> Which distro/mar are we supposed to be implementing?
> Thanks,
> Martin--

> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify

Deepal

Re: [Axis2] WS-RM and Axis2 Asynch Client not Returning

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ted

I'm with Martin! I think the easiest thing would be if you could send
us a simple test case that shows what's happening.

Paul

On 5/10/07, Ted Jones <Tj...@metamatrix.com> wrote:
> So, I'm guessing that the message is never reaching the server. Which
> may explain why there is no logging? I can see in debug where the
> Sandesha2 logic is hit and the message is sent but I never see any
> sequences or other message traffic and my client is left polling forever
> waiting for the callback to complete.
>
> Any other thoughts on what might be happening here or where else I can
> look?
>
> Thanks,
> Ted

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

RE: How to set transport out?

Posted by "Chau, Hoang" <Ho...@adp.com>.
Hi Martin,

The version of axis2 is 1.2
The version of common http client is 3.0.1

Hoang

I dont see 5.1 for for either Axis or commons-httpclient?

Axis latest release is 2.1.2??

latest commons-httpclient is 3.0.1 ??

Please confirm..

Thx
Martin
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.

RE: How to set transport out?

Posted by "Chau, Hoang" <Ho...@adp.com>.
Will do it.

Thanks,

Hoang

Re: How to set transport out?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

RE: How to set transport out?

Posted by "Chau, Hoang" <Ho...@adp.com>.

Re: How to set transport out?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Hoang,

How to set transport out?

Posted by Ted Jones <Tj...@metamatrix.com>.
That's good to know. Thanks Paul.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ted

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
Are you using the Dual chanel mode or single chanel?

if you set the setUseSeparateListener your request comes in a different http
chanel than you send the request. Otherwise it comes in the same chanel.

In the dual chanel model, What happens is your client starts a simple http
server on your machine and set the ReplyTo addressing header to point to the
stated server.

So you have to make sure these things.
1. you must have engage the Addressing. (otherwise server won't be able to
find the reply location)
2. client uses the port and the host name you have specified in the
axis2.xml to start its simple http server and set this address to replyTo
filed. So you have to use two seperate axis2.xml files for client and the
server with different port numbers if you run them both in one machine.

3. if your server is in out side your firewall, the host name you specify in
the client axis2.xml should be able to access from the out side the
firewall.

On 5/10/07, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good Evening
>
> if you publish your wsdl we can run the client code
>
> Thanks
> Martin--
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] WS-RM and Axis2 Asynch Client not Returning

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Evening

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ted

Can I suggest you turn logging on for Axis2 and Sandesha2 in your
log4j.properties?

Paul