Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> on 2010/05/21 22:49:17 UTC

Update on JRuby 1.5 support

Good news!

We got all specs pass on JRuby 1.5. They had a bug, full story on
BUILDR-441.

Bad news!

We still have some specs not passing with JRuby 1.5 and Windows 7:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-443

Good news!

We're going to get them pass before you know it.

@headius: let me know when we can look at it together. Probably next week
for me.

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: Update on JRuby 1.5 support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Good news all around.  Thanks Antoine!!  (And the JRuby folks for their
help)

alex

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
svn is the authoritative repository. We have a git mirror at Apache (
git.apache.org) and a mirror of the mirror on github.

Thanks,

Antoine

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.
Sorry that's rubygem 1.3.6/7

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Charles Oliver Nutter <he...@headius.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Charles Oliver Nutter <he...@headius.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 15:02, Charles Oliver Nutter <he...@headius.com>wrote:

> I have not looked at the issues...they don't happen with RJB?

No idea, because win7 and RJB kinda suck.

> It could
> be a problem with the way we implement mtime on Windows. Any update on
> this in the past few days? (I was out of town).

We changed the way we test mtime. Instead of doing ==, we now use < and > to
avoid races.
We still have a few failing specs re permissions. No headway on those.

> We're looking to push JRuby 1.5.1 very soon, so if there's something
> to fix we need to get it in.

So far nothing to report.

Posted by Charles Oliver Nutter <he...@headius.com>.
I have not looked at the issues...they don't happen with RJB? It could

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Charles Oliver Nutter <he...@headius.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Yep. Charles (headius) did most of the work btw.

I'll try to isolate issues in Windows 7 some more - I won't have access to
it this week-end.

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.