Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alex Kozhenkov <wi...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/15 10:48:53 UTC

Escaping dots in cache metric names

Hi, guys!

Cache names may contain dots, but in metic names we create hierarchy with
dots.
So with the cache name "Person.statistic" we will have a metric
"io.statistics.sortedIndexes.SQL_PUBLIC_Person.statistic._key_PK" which is
not obvious what is a cache name and what is next hierarchical element.

I suggest replacing dots with the special symbol during metrics names
construction.

Re: Escaping dots in cache metric names

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Alex,

It seems that the described problem is not a problem at all. The
mentioned reason (is
not obvious what is a cache name and what is next hierarchical
element) will exist forever. If we will replace dots by underscores
(or escaped dots, or something else) still will exist the possibility
of naming cache in such a way where your reason will be actual.

Posted by Alex Kozhenkov <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Alex.

Posted by Alex Kozhenkov <wi...@gmail.com>.