Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Michael Rettig <mr...@homemail.com> on 2002/12/10 23:27:16 UTC

Re: [jelly] scripting system for GUI tests (was Re: [Jelly] JellyUnit JellyAssertionFailedError not an Error)

There's also marathon man.

http://marathonman.sourceforge.net/

It allows for complete record/playback of gui events. Unlike brittle screen scraping test runners or robots, it operates at the component level, so it is very efficient at detecting real failures. The underlying scriping language is Python. Originally, xml was used, but it was dropped in favor of the pure power and simplicity of Python.

Regards,

Mike Rettig