Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Myunghwa Hwang <mh...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 00:06:38 UTC

Prefix problem in the request message for an external web service

Hi, list!
I've encountered another problem.
My process invokes three external web services whose messages are
unqualified XML instances.
An example request message should be like the following:
   <soapenv:Body>
      <get:getCntyOperation>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <stateName>?</stateName>
      </get:getCntyOperation>
   </soapenv:Body>

However, when this service is invoked by my bpel process, the generated
message is a qualified XML message as follows:
   <soapenv:Body>
      <getCntyOperation  xmlns="some URI">
         <!--Optional:-->
         <stateName>?</stateName>
      </getCntyOperation>
   </soapenv:Body>

This difference raises errors in running my bpel process.
I am using ode-2.0-beta on Tomcat 6.0.20.
The orchestration service provided by the process is also using unqualified
messages.

Any advices are welcome.

from Myunghwa Hwang

--
Myunghwa Hwang
GeoDa Center

Re: Prefix problem in the request message for an external web service

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com>.
You can try keepSrcElementName=true on copy inside assign if you want.
Alternatively, we can think about implementing element creation in ODE
in a way that it creates some other prefix than empty, which is now
default and is quite annoying.
For example it could be taken from prefix map declared on top of bpel process.

As for qualified stateName, it looks like a bug, so you can file
request including reproduction steps (example process).

2009/7/8 Myunghwa Hwang <mh...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, list!
> I've encountered another problem.
> My process invokes three external web services whose messages are
> unqualified XML instances.
> An example request message should be like the following:
>   <soapenv:Body>
>      <get:getCntyOperation>
>         <!--Optional:-->
>         <stateName>?</stateName>
>      </get:getCntyOperation>
>   </soapenv:Body>
>
> However, when this service is invoked by my bpel process, the generated
> message is a qualified XML message as follows:
>   <soapenv:Body>
>      <getCntyOperation  xmlns="some URI">
>         <!--Optional:-->
>         <stateName>?</stateName>
>      </getCntyOperation>
>   </soapenv:Body>
>
> This difference raises errors in running my bpel process.
> I am using ode-2.0-beta on Tomcat 6.0.20.
> The orchestration service provided by the process is also using unqualified
> messages.
>
> Any advices are welcome.
>
> from Myunghwa Hwang
>

> --
> Myunghwa Hwang
> GeoDa Center
> School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
> Arizona State University
> mhwang4@gmail.com or Myunghwa.Hwang@asu.edu

Rafał Rusin
http://www.touk.pl