Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> on 2002/06/18 20:12:17 UTC

error text mis-match.

Hey:

Any ideas why when I return SVN_ERR_FS_GENERAL I would get
SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE's
text?

SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE is right before him in the include file.
I'll look at it some more but just thought this would be something
stupid.

..... Update

OK I looked and it's offical; I've gone insane.
SVN_ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_STREAM_DATA seems to be a problem for some reason.
If I reference him from my code, I get:
`SVN_ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_STREAM_DATA' undeclared (first use in this
function)
If I return the guys before him I get the right text.  If I return the
guys after him I get the wrong text.

I'm lost here.

gat

Re: error text mis-match.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Glenn A. Thompson wrote:

>Hey:
>
>Any ideas why when I return SVN_ERR_FS_GENERAL I would get
>SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE's
>text?
>
>SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE is right before him in the include file.
>I'll look at it some more but just thought this would be something
>stupid.
>
>..... Update
>
>OK I looked and it's offical; I've gone insane.
>SVN_ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_STREAM_DATA seems to be a problem for some reason.
>If I reference him from my code, I get:
>`SVN_ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_STREAM_DATA' undeclared (first use in this
>function)
>If I return the guys before him I get the right text.  If I return the
>guys after him I get the wrong text.
>
>I'm lost here.

This looks like skewed header versions. Are you sure you recompiled
everything, or that you don't have some old SVN headers that the
compiler is picking up?

Re: error text mis-match.

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.
Hey:

Well I thought I cleaned up my chit:-)
Don't waste anymore time.  It has to be me.
I'm working with some of my own makefiles right now.
Why, well because I haven't figured out this build system yet. (My fault no
"dis" intended)

Karl Fogel wrote:

> I'm totally baffled, Glenn; it's not happening when I build (but then,
> I don't have whatever patch you're writing).

Patch.  Hmm.
Well the only patch I could provide would be three new methods in config.c
svn_config_make  /* makes empty config */
svn_config_get_section_names /* returns apr_array of names */
svn_config_has_section /* does he have this section? */

For right now I'm using him below a sql_db_config thingy I wrote.
If folks want me to stay out of config.c I will.  I just needed some parsing
and the config.c worked well for me.
I can plug in something else if this is a problem.
I may have one or two other methods to add which is why I haven't submitted a
patch.

Right now, I'm trying to work on support code for my SQL chit.
It's all too butt ugly to share right now.  But I will.
It will have at least two new vtables driven by the sql_db_config.

I think I may put up a Subversion server for you guys to grab stuff and merge
in if you want to see what I'm up to.
Right now it's not worth our collective time.

gat

Re: error text mis-match.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
I'm totally baffled, Glenn; it's not happening when I build (but then,
I don't have whatever patch you're writing).

I'd say, make clean, & carefully clean out any installed Subversion,
then try again and see what happens?  If the problem is still present,
post with the patch and any other information needed to repro this.

-K

"Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> writes:
> Any ideas why when I return SVN_ERR_FS_GENERAL I would get
> SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE's
> text?
>
> SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE is right before him in the include file.
> I'll look at it some more but just thought this would be something
> stupid.
>
> ..... Update
>
> OK I looked and it's offical; I've gone insane.
> SVN_ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_STREAM_DATA seems to be a problem for some reason.
> If I reference him from my code, I get:
> `SVN_ERR_UNRECOGNIZED_STREAM_DATA' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> If I return the guys before him I get the right text.  If I return the
> guys after him I get the wrong text.
>
> I'm lost here.
>
> gat

Re: error text mis-match.

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
"Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> writes:

> Hey:
>
> Any ideas why when I return SVN_ERR_FS_GENERAL I would get
> SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE's
> text?
>
> SVN_ERR_WC_CORRUPT_TEXT_BASE is right before him in the include file.
> I'll look at it some more but just thought this would be something
> stupid.
>
> ..... Update

There is a bug filed about this problem.  The server sends error codes
to the client, but they could be out of sync on the meanings of those
codes.  We plan to address this by re-using error codes and with
policy implementation that ensures compatibility in this area.