Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by andynuss <an...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/28 17:20:18 UTC

multiple indexwriters and frequently changing documents

Hi,

I have the need to search smallish and frequently added, deleted, changing
"documents" which are my big document annotations.  Do I need to use
multiple IndexWriter singletons from a pool?  What is the cost of commit?
I.e. how often do I commit?  I assume that I need to batch adds/deletes over
windows of time.  Is it ok to still use one IndexReader? What is the cost of
reopening an IndexReader?

Andy