Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Denis Souza <de...@camerum.com.br> on 2006/11/28 21:33:26 UTC

"External" POST

Hi,

I'm having a problem integrating with a 3rd party. The thing is they have
this system that sends me an http POST with some data in it. I can chose the
url to which the post is sent, but I can't chose how they set up the data.
It's very standard procedure to them and they won't change it.

If this was a GET, I could just create a page that supports "external"
requests, write an encoder for the url so I could read the parameters and
everything would be fine, but since it's a POST I don't know how I could do
it in Tapestry. Is there a way I can read any post with random data in
Tapestry? The last thing I want to do is to manually get the request info
and decode the post message.

Thanks in advance,

Denis Souza

Re: "External" POST

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
You can simply use
cycle.getParameter("parameterName");

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/IRequestCycle.html#getParameter(java.lang.String)

Denis Souza wrote:
> Thanks! That's where I was headed. I got as far as noticing that request
> context was deprecated so I was still looking for another solution. Anyway,
> I'll give that a try, so now I'm trying to find out how to inject the
> HttpServletRequest object, but I can't seem to remember exactly what to
> write on the @Inject parameter. Can anyone point me to documentation on
> this. I recall there was a hivemind registry page that showed everything you
> can inject into tapestry but I can't find it. The link I had to it is now a
> page not found error.
>
> Thanks,
> Denis

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr