Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/22 15:05:54 UTC

AbstractSelectModel is not in a controlled package

hi all,
I run into a strange problem, I was googling for this, but still have no
idea what is going on :(

i followed the
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowtoSelectWithObjects and after
running the page I got error message

java.lang.RuntimeException: Base class
org.apache.tapestry5.util.AbstractSelectModel (super class of
pl mypackage.components.utils.SelectCollectionModel) is not in a controlled
package and is therefore not valid. You should try moving the class to
package mypackage.base.

just to try I refactored my code and put my class
into mypackage.base.SelectCollectionModel like I was asked - no change. the
problem persisted.

please help

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Re: AbstractSelectModel is not in a controlled package

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.
ok. thanks a lot!

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.
probably I was too tired of that and read totally something different! ;]
anyway I said I didnt get that ;P
thanks anyway

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:13:17 -0200, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:

> "Don't put your SelectCollectionModel inside the components, pages or
> base subpackages.

You forgot the mixins subpackage. :)

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:05:10 -0200, kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I moved the child class to mypackage.util package and it works now. then
>> mypackage.base is controlled by tapestry??
>
> Yes.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> Informação Ltda.
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: AbstractSelectModel is not in a controlled package

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
> but the article you sent me is exactly the same article I used before!!!
>
> I just dont get why tapestry complaints about its own class
> AbstractSelectModel...

Because you extended it. I assume your GenericSelectionModel sits in a
controlled package: base, components, or one of the others. This is
wrong!
Because now tapestry has a problem: the base class is not controlled,
but your child class is. This cant work.

Tapestry is wrong suggesting to put the parent class in a controlled
package, the right solution is to take your implementation out of a
controlled package.

        Piero

Re: AbstractSelectModel is not in a controlled package

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

>>> pkaminski.prv@gmail.com