Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Catalin Ghergu <p_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/14 22:44:44 UTC

Need help

HI!
i have this problem:i have a aplication(it's about a questionnaire, where i submit some fields and i want to have back a response from the server through servlets: a content- type HTML and a WML one ) which should work on a emulator(OpenWave SDk 6.2.2) and i'm using cocoon as a servlet to process the results in combination with Tomcat.
I'm using a Tomcat 3.2.4 and the cocoon version 1.8.2. I've managed to have the response crreated by me on the Internet Explorer browser(the html part) but i can't get it on the OpenWave Phone SDK 6.2.2 and i believe is because the cocoon(i thnk is about the way he manage the wml)...can we help me in this?
First: which should be the right installation of Cocoon 1.8.2 on Tomcat 3.2.4(for ex. i haven't found any cocoon.war file in cocoon 1.8.2 as is written on http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/, Installing on Tomcat 3.2.4).Can u specify me the steps?
Two:how can be a emultor influenced by cocoon?
Tks a lot...hope u'll wite me back..cause i really need your response in 2-3 days(is about my diploma project)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Need help

Posted by Jason Lane <ja...@root10.net>.
On 14 Jun 2004, at 21:44, Catalin Ghergu wrote:

OK  your server  should be configured for this already right? but have
you described the WML mime type in your server?

If I understand correctly it's just the WML that's failing?

> HI!
> i have this problem:i have a aplication(it's about a questionnaire,
> where i submit some fields and i want to have back a response from the
> server through servlets: a content- type HTML and a WML one ) which
> should work on a emulator(OpenWave SDk 6.2.2) and i'm using cocoon as
> a servlet to process the results in combination with Tomcat.
> I'm using a Tomcat 3.2.4 and the cocoon version 1.8.2. I've managed to
> have the response crreated by me on the Internet Explorer browser(the
> html part) but i can't get it on the OpenWave Phone SDK 6.2.2 and i
> believe is because the cocoon(i thnk is about the way he manage the
> wml)...can we help me in this?
> First: which should be the right installation of Cocoon 1.8.2 on
> Tomcat 3.2.4(for ex. i haven't found any cocoon.war file in cocoon
> 1.8.2 as is written on http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/,
> Installing on Tomcat 3.2.4).Can u specify me the steps?
> Two:how can be a emultor influenced by cocoon?
> Tks a lot...hope u'll wite me back..cause i really need your response
> in 2-3 days(is about my diploma project)

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Jason Lane

Developer
Root10 developments