Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "kruger.stephen" <kr...@free.fr> on 2002/12/23 16:43:10 UTC

How to find Tomcat port from init()?

Hi all,

Is there any way to know the servlet base url and port number so I can ,
for example,
start a Jini registry from the init() method of HttpServlet, since I
need this information to calculate the codebase property.
I could have an initialisation parameter in my web.xml file for that
servlet, but this would only work under a default Tomcat installation.

Anyone know how this information might be accessed? It's seems not
visible from ServletConfig or ServletContext.

Many thanks.
KS.