Posted to user@spark.apache.org by sy...@tsmc.com on 2016/06/24 11:01:36 UTC

problem running spark with yarn-client not using spark-submit

Hello guys,

Trying to run spark with yarn-client not using spark-submit here but the
jobs kept failed while AM launching executor.
The error collected by yarn like below.
Looks like some environment setting is missing?
Could someone help me out with this.

Thanks  in advance!
HY Chung

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
org/apache/spark/Logging
		 at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
		 at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass
(URLClassLoader.java:455)
		 at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
		 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
		 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass
(Launcher.java:308)
		 at org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.ExecutorLauncher$.main
(ApplicationMaster.scala:674)
		 at org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.ExecutorLauncher.main
(ApplicationMaster.scala)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.spark.Logging
		 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
		 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass
(Launcher.java:308)
		 ... 14 more

Best regards,

S.Y. Chung 鍾學毅
F14MITD
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd.
Tel: 06-5056688 Ext: 734-6325
                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended
 please notify the sender by
 immediately. Thank you.

Re: problem running spark with yarn-client not using spark-submit

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
It means several jars are missing in the yarn container environment, if you
want to submit your application through some other ways besides
spark-submit, you have to take care all the environment things yourself.
Since we don't know your implementation of java web service, so it is hard
to provide useful information. Basically the problem is spark jar is
missing in the AM side, so you have to put spark jars into distributed
cache ahead of time.

Posted by sy...@tsmc.com.
Hi,

Thanks for reply. It's a java web service resides in a jboss container.

HY Chung
Best regards,

S.Y. Chung 鍾學毅
F14MITD
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd.
Tel: 06-5056688 Ext: 734-6325

|------------------------------------->
|            Mich Talebzadeh          |
|            <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.co|
|            m>                       |
|                                     |
|                                     |
|                                     |
|            2016/06/24 下午 08:05    |
|------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                                               To|
  |        sychungd@tsmc.com                                                                                                                        |
  |                                                                                                                                               cc|
  |        "user @spark" <us...@spark.apache.org>                                                                                                    |
  |                                                                                                                                          Subject|
  |        [Spam][SMG] Re: problem running spark with yarn-client not using spark-submit                                                            |

Hi,

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,