Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2008/02/25 13:19:09 UTC

[FtpServer] Dropping support for the admin GUI

Hi,

 as part of restructuring our configuration I'm planning on dropping
 the FtpServer Admin GUI (the Swing client) from our distribution.
 Please raise your voice if this component is critical for you or if
 you would like to maintain it (I would be happy to help with applying
 patches).

 /niklas

Re: [FtpServer] Dropping support for the admin GUI

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Mark Webb wrote:
> I would not mind keeping it in.  I think it is a nice part to the
> program.  As long as the FTP server can exist separate from the GUI, I
> see no reason to delete the work that has been done on it.

The reason for me not wanting to maintain it (which I should have
mentioned in my previous email) is that it takes a long to keep it up to
date with the core module as I go through refactorings. Probably mainly
due to me sucking badly at Swing :-)

> If I am the only one speaking up for this, then I will have no problem
> maintaining it....

You're more than welcome!

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
I would not mind keeping it in.  I think it is a nice part to the
program.  As long as the FTP server can exist separate from the GUI, I
see no reason to delete the work that has been done on it.

If I am the only one speaking up for this, then I will have no problem
maintaining it....

Mark

--
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one