Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com> on 2000/02/17 00:46:53 UTC

Re: memory leaks redux

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Mike Whitaker wrote:

> dougm@pobox.com (Doug MacEachern) wrote:
> >there are hints in the SUPPORT doc on how to debug such problems.  there
> >was also several "Hanging process" threads in the past weeks with more
> >tips, search in the archives for keywords gdb, .gdbinit, curinfo
> >if you can get more insight from those tips, we can help more.
>
> I have also seen (and reported via the Debian bugs system) a problem
> which I think has been observed before where HUP'ing the root httpd
> causes it to reload every darn PerlModule directive, and bloat
> accordingly (with our server, that's 3M per SIGHUP, which makes log
> rotation somewhat painful (when you get 3 million hits in 8 hours, you
> rotate those logs pretty fast!)).
>
> It also appears that when you SIGHUP it WITHOUT any PerlModules, it
> still leaks memory (even with PerlFreshRestart Off), reloading all the
> standard implicit Apache stuff, viz (strace on the root PID):

sounds like mod_perl is configured as a dso?  this problem has been
acknowleged in the past and recently, a fix is in the works.  static
mod_perl should not have this problem.

i can't unsubscribe

Posted by joe <jo...@sleepy.singular.com>.
hi,

i'm having trouble unsubscribing.  i tried a couple of weeks ago and
majordomo claimed that there was no modperl list in response to

unsubscribe modperl

now, when i tried again, qmail tells me that the mailbox majordomo doesn't
exist.

i've written to list owner but nobody responded.

what do i do?

lmathers.