Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by NORD SC <ja...@nordsc.com> on 2014/03/15 18:42:26 UTC

Scala Driver?

Hi all,

I am building a system using the Play 2 Framework with Scala and wonder what driver I should use or whether I should wrap the Datastax java-driver myself?

Can you share any experience with the available drivers? I have looked a Phantom briefly which seems to use java-driver internally - would that be the best choice?

Jan

Re: Scala Driver?

Posted by Sergey Murylev <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can use one of following libs:

  * https://github.com/Shimi/cascal
  * https://github.com/newzly/phantom

Re: Scala Driver?

Posted by Jan Algermissen <ja...@nordsc.com>.
On 15 Mar 2014, at 19:23, Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is an example wrapper how to use the DataStax java driver in scala https://github.com/stealthly/scala-cassandra

Thanks Joe,

yes, better to just use the java-driver than to create a generic scala-driver it seems.

Jan

Re: Scala Driver?

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.