Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/01 01:15:44 UTC

strange problem with ADF faces and tomcat versions

Hi
thank you for reading my post
i have faced a very strange problem with ADF faces and tomcat.

is there any condition that an ADF Faces  application works fine in my
computer (on both OC4J and TOMCAT ) but does not works in production
tomcat ?
indeed i managed all database stuff and also i add all adf installer
(ADF faces libraries)library to my application web-inf/lib folder , now
it works fine in local tomcat but when i upload it to server none of
buttons or action link works.

i tried to debug it using firefox javascript console and i find the
following stuff :

Error: _submitFormCheck is not defined
Source File: http://www.mydomain.com/app/faces/index.jsp
Line: 190

Error: _checkLoad is not defined
Source File: http://www.mydomain.com/app/faces/index.jsp
Line: 1

Error: _checkUnload is not defined
Source File: http://www.mydomain.com/app/faces/index.jsp
Line: 1

Error: _defaultTZ is not defined
Source File: http://www.mydomain.com/app/work_services.jsp
Line: 20

can some one please help me with this problem ?
I am really stocked with this.

thank you.

RE: Tomahawk and trinidad

Posted by Chaitanya Kadaru <ch...@oracle.com>.
Mathias,

Thanks for the reply. I am using snapshot 1.1.5 of both tomohawk and myfaces, also the latest of trinidad.

I am using it to deploy it on Jboss 4.0.4CR2.

How ever I am not using facelets. I am getting the following exception.

23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentSca
nner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:334)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentSca
nner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:504)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeployme
ntScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:207)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeployme
ntScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:218)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeployme
ntScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:197)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
: String index out of range: -1
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.c
heckJar(FacesConfigurator.java:232)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.l
ogMetaInf(FacesConfigurator.java:184)
23:55:26,202 ERROR [STDERR]     ... 93 more

Any idea or pointers. I am not doing anything fancy.

Thanks

Chaitanya Kadaru

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Tomahawk and trinidad

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
see http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Building_With_Maven for MyFaces
build instructions.

On 10/9/06, Chaitanya Kadaru <ch...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jeff
>
> So I shall try to move to the latest snapshot since that may be better.
>
> Is there a document or link describing how I checkout myfaces and tomahawk using svn and how I build it using maven for the jars.
>
> I do the same thing for trinidad and I would like to do it for all of the above so each time I just need to update svn and then get the latest jars and the fixes that come along with them.
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chaitanya Kadaru

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces