Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@porterclan.net> on 2016/05/14 05:32:27 UTC

Resolution to move Continuum to the Attic

At this month's board meeting (18 May, 10:00 PDT), a resolution will be presented to move Continuum to the Attic, due to inactivity.

The Attic home page [1] contains some details about its purpose - it is the destination for Apache projects that can no longer provide oversight or muster votes for a release. It isn't a reflection on the contributors or the codebase, and is intended to be non-impacting to users.

If anyone believes this action is premature, please respond within the next 3 days (72 hours). For the project to continue, a plan for the following is needed:
- to obtain at least 3 PMC members willing and able to actively oversee the project
- an individual able to submit a board report on behalf of the project
- to respond to external inquiries and security issues in a timely manner
- to be able to produce a release when needed

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments, or if you are available to work with the Attic to help with the transition of resources.

Regards,
Brett (on behalf of the ASF Board)

[1] http://attic.apache.org/

Re: Resolution to move Continuum to the Attic

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
This resolution passed at the board meeting today.

Thanks everyone for your efforts on Continuum over the years!

The Attic will be in touch with the next steps.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.