Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Christoph Läubrich <ma...@laeubi-soft.de> on 2021/10/13 11:19:57 UTC

JMS Mix "Classic" Clients with "Artemis" Servers

We currently plan to switch from Classic>Artemis but there is one point
not completely clear (or I have missed something?), is it possible to
connect with a "activemq classic" JMSConnectionFactory to an artemis
server (given that they both enable the tcp transport of course, same
host and port etc...)

So we can switch the server to "Artemis" and then upgrade the (classic)
clients step-by-step?

Re: JMS Mix "Classic" Clients with "Artemis" Servers

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
yes. Artemis has openwire protocol support on the default Acceptor.
It peeks at the initial packets to see what protocol manager - AMQP,
OPENWIRE, MQTT, CORE etc it needs to hand off to.