Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 15:49:53 UTC

Decouple examples in assembly from our POMs?

L.S.,

While applying some POM fixes just a minute ago, I noticed our
examples are using our own parent POM.  Wouldn't it better to have
examples in the assembly that are more self-contained and do not
depend on information in our other POM files?  That way, people can
just copy the example and modify it for their own environment with
minimal effort.

We already have resource filtering in place for those examples POMs
and we have a separate copy of the examples parent file in the
assembly, so the changes required should be minimal.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: Decouple examples in assembly from our POMs?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 it screws me up everytime I import from an exploded SMX distribution.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Decouple examples in assembly from our POMs?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

I raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2264 to keep track of this.

Regards,