Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/10 02:22:59 UTC

Two more potential issues to close?

Hi Dave, back in November 2008 you reported a problem about a
"TaskRunner" not working: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1758
.  I haven't used the TaskRunner before -- does it still exist in Roller
today, is it something that still needs fixing or can this matter be closed?

Also, this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1821 on
using JPA Annotations instead of XML files, is it your desire to get rid
of these files:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/roller/trunk/weblogger-business/src/main/resources/org/apache/roller/weblogger/pojos/
? (I think they're not bad as-is...)

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Two more potential issues to close?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, no response so I closed both issues, please reopen either or both if
> desired.

Sorry, I missed this one. For the record...

> On 01/09/2013 08:22 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave, back in November 2008 you reported a problem about a
>> "TaskRunner" not working: https://issues.apache.org/**
>> jira/browse/ROL-1758 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1758> .
>>  I haven't used the TaskRunner before -- does it still exist in Roller
>> today, is it something that still needs fixing or can this matter be closed?

This is something that once existed in Roller, but has not been used or
tested (as far as I know) since Roller 4 time-frame. I don't think it is
relevant any more unless someone who needs it is willing to fix it. Thanks
for closing it.

> Also, this issue: https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/ROL-1821<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1821>on using JPA Annotations instead of XML files, is it your desire to get rid
>> of these files: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/**roller/trunk/weblogger-**
>> business/src/main/resources/**org/apache/roller/weblogger/**pojos/<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/roller/trunk/weblogger-business/src/main/resources/org/apache/roller/weblogger/pojos/>? (I think they're not bad as-is...)

I prefer annotations to XML, but I don't think it is worth the effort to
convert all of our old XML files to annotations. Thanks for closing this
one.

- Dave

Re: Two more potential issues to close?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.