Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by mark pope <th...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/22 18:04:29 UTC

Best practices question

I have mapped an object model to wsdl. WSDL2Java creates classes and I am able
to test with them. I tried generating classes using Websphere's tool but it
fails because of the complexity of my wsdl file, an example is arrays of
complex types.

Should I present/expose data in a simplier format? Are there limitaions of
toolkits? Thanks.

=====
Regards,
Mark Pope

http://search.yahoo.com

RE: Best practices question

Posted by Ted Neward <tn...@javageeks.com>.
Absolutely--as a matter of fact, lots of web services thinkers are
suggesting we move away from rpc/encoded services in general and move to
doc/literal or possibly rpc/literal models that are easier to present in
terms of XML Schema. In general, I tell people that WSDL is the IDL of a
new generation, and that as painful as it might seem (and is), building
an effective interoperable web service means starting with the WSDL, not
with the object model on one side or the other.

Ted Neward
Author, Instructor, Presenter: Java and .NET
http://www.neward.net/ted/weblog
http://www.javageeks.com
http://www.clrgeeks.com